Friday, November 9, 2012

Tribute


This is the final image after milling over it for about 2 weeks. There were sketches and ideas and a previous work (below) that I decided to let go to eventually come to the idea I had intended.
After messing with this image too many times, I finally came the the conclusion that there where fundamental errors that could not be fixed at this stage. I took what I learned from the process, about my style, my story choices, and mostly about what not to do, and decided to re-approach the work from a different direction. Originally I wanted there to be a group of men offering up a young person as tribute to the dragon, but then it devolved into this typical mythical fight scene. Not what I wanted to do. After a few more iterations I finally produced the image above, which I'm much happier with.

No comments:

Post a Comment